A Mastodon instance where you can only say the letter "e". Follow me there! I'm @e
Urgh, Mastodon, don't assume I want to use your (bad) Dutch translation.
When you are just smol and soft but some bourgeoisie rat misgenders your comrade
its me, an evil they destroying grammar, every day i wake up and burn a pile of dictionaries that was en route to an orphanage
scientists spent 2 years training this bird to play saxophone. and all it does now is play its normal bird song, except on saxophone
quick someone register birdsite.social and make it a Mastodon instance
Y'know, you'd think you'd hear more spoilers for Infinite Jest.
reposting here b/c people were wondering: the COMPLETE list of paths to get something into the federated timeline Show more
- someone from your server is following that user
- someone from your server replied to that user
- someone from your server is following someone who replied to that user (this is honestly a masto bug and v. confusing)
- someone from your server liked it
- someone from your server copy/pasted the link into the search box, causing the server to load it (also v. confusing)
mom: hey son I joined this new Mastodon thing
me: oh shit mom, I coulda helped you find a server, which one did you choose?
For those who dont know, the federated timeline displays all the activity from all the people on other instances who are followed by people on your instance.
It is therefore very good practice to follow as many interesting people from other instances as possible. We are the ropes binding this distributed system together.
Ok, Mastodon, this is your first test. I'm having an emotionally awful week. Can you do the bird site thing and supply cute pics of dogs and cats and bats?