Here's a privacy tip for new Tooters.
You can choose between FOUR different privacy settings for every individual toot u post here!! Just how cool is that!? 🤩🤘
While drafting a toot, follow these simple steps:
1. Click on the globe icon in the 'compose toot' window
2. Select any of these privacy settings for the toot you are composing:
🔸Public but unlisted
🔸Private n visible to ur followers only
🔸Direct (similar to Twitter DMs!)
Boost & spread word!! 💗
So people are asking what is boosting & what am doing.
Well simply put boost = RT
Why am I doing it? I came in early when people were moving to Mastodon so got a lot of followers. So if I boost your posts, 1.7k active folks can actually read it, this is just to help people find each other
Why am I asking for bio: fuck the influencers ,here it is purely content based so everyone is equal,no blue ticks,no nothing,so if you introduce yourself likelihood of more ppl following you
Is your name Abdullah???
And give me boost
Some more thinking regarding #Mastodon:
1. This is not, and should not be allowed to become a news site.
2. Birdsite was all dominated by journalists and power brokers who had no interest in interacting with people, but just to get more reads and views.
3. Most of the verified accounts maintained elitism, and used birdsite as a PR medium.
4. After a while it became difficult for ordinary non-famous people to have a say in the whole discourse.
How can we make this platform diffrent? Suggest?
@OpusOfAli this social media migration is a tight slap and a strong message to the Fascist and Nazis that time has changed and people are not going to take whatever the power is trying to push over them. Every toxicity and hatred has an expiry. It has an end.
This journey will be confusing, hard but worth as we are on a protest and this is a lesson to the adamant powers
Heyyy psycho 😂
Apun idhar dekhne aaya hai ye kya cheez hai 😂
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!