#Mastodon release candidate v2.3.0rc2 is out:
- Pinned toots federate and display in web UI, finally
- Hashtag autocomplete from history
- Media modal with pinch zoom
- No more auto-insert of media URLs into toot text, toots with media and no text are allowed
- Fixes, including a fix for the broken password reset form
@Gargron “No more auto-insert of media URLs into toot text” — Does this mean the media will actually stay alive in the system after a month or two? I know there has been some issues with older media posts losing their media because the URL wasn’t in the text.
@Stephen_Stone text has nothing to do with media despite the previous auto-insert, it was almost purely cosmetical
@Gargron Ah, okay. 👍
@gargron Great stuff!
pinned toots are fixed soon, yay
@Gargron Is there a way to keep media URL in toots / to insert it regardless of default?
@Gargron Thanks for the hard work!
@Gargron These are all great changes!
@Gargron you're the bomb! Thanks a bunch comrade!
@Gargron I'm most excited about the no more media URLs part! Good idea!
@Gargron yeeeesssssss u and the crü r the best
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!