- information on the server (including the DMs you send) are unencrypted.
- the person who runs your mastodon instance has access to the server and CAN access this unencrypted info. They may do this intentionally or by accident during maintenance.
- this is common across ALL messaging services, but since Mastodon servers can be small, it's easier to do than it would be on other services.
Be aware and toot safely, thanks for everyone who contributed! :sunglasses:
@THX2037 that's different. Every instance shoud see your PP, banner and bio.
But if you toot, and then someone follows you from an instance where no one was following you, then they won't see your toots !
If you toot after they followed you, then they'll see. It does not work retrospectively.
It's a bit complicated but I hope you understood :D
Pour ceux qui seraient tentés, un tuto par @angristan expliquant comment installer une nouvelle instance Mastodon https://angristan.fr/installer-instance-mastodon-debian-8/
About risk profile:
- Mastodon is like email because you can't delete federated toots
- Mastodon is like twitter in that Google's search bots index it, unless your admins robot.txt it away
- Mastodon is like being a teenager because the people that own your instance can see all your private stuff
Have a talk with your admin about their policies.
By default, assume everyone will be able to read your toots forever.
J'ai pas encore tout bien pigé sur Mastodon mais je retrouve la communauté et la convivialité d'il y a 5 ans qui a été pourrie par les trolls. C'est si bon de vous revoir parler de vos métiers et de vos passions. #Keur sur vous. C'était le pouet bisnounours du jour 😙
Scinti n°3: patient ~80 ans, bilan préopératoire d'une sténose carotidienne. RAS.
Scinti n°4: patiente ~60 ans, bilan d'un 1er épisode de tachycardie jonctionnelle. RAS.
Scinti n°5: patient ~35 ans, obèse, dyslipidémique, bilan de précordialgie d'effort. RAS.
Scinti n°6: foireux, à voir avec le sénior
It's kinda weird to think about a social network where businesses own their own presences, rather than relying on a capricious third party service like Twitter or Facebook. Imagine NBC or The Verge running a Mastodon instance for their reporters to toot from, or Bethesda operating an instance for PR and customer support. No more lost business when Facebook changes their algorithms again because they need more money from boosted posts.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!