@Monophylos @Gargron @jrm @dopatwo 3. our posts are called toots
4. these toots can be boosted, so we are toot boostas
5. there is a non-mandatory public timeline
6. it's still young so your username choice isn't taken
7. most people here are really nice
8. it has a tweet deckish browser set up
9. it connects with other small social media sites
10. everybody is free to dunk on shitposter club (sorry rubek)
1. The 500 character limit allows for a more relaxed, composed approach to posting. There is room to think and reflect rather than to repeat slogans.
2. Yet because there is a limit to post size that is not too great, Mastodon preserves the one great advantage of Twitter, which is fluidity and a sense of kinesis, contrary to the static nature of blogs and forums.
3-5. Aren't the first two enough?
1: it's mastodon
2: it's not twitter
3: mastodon is a place for friends and good people
4: it's not only not twitter, it's also way better than twitter.
5: these four reasons above combined.
DarkAL | Linux and BSD Sysadmin | FOSS | Gamer | Otaku | Vocaloid | Cyberpunk | Auto racing, esports, and music addicts | Metalhead | EDM raver | ダーク阿南。
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!