TIL: Trezor plans to introduce coinjoin features "later this year".
(source: today's blog post on Taproot: https://blog.trezor.io/how-taproot-will-benefit-hardware-wallets-fa43c0b6123e )
Plz let me know if something's wrong with it, learning as I go :)
Taproot activation beginner's FAQ (from https://old.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/n4r934/taproot_activation_megathread/):
Site keeping track of Taproot signalling blocks:
Keep in mind, it shows only the current signalling period (2016 blocks), of which there are six overall. Only one of them needs to achieve 90% signalling threshold.
@AaronvanW does an excellent job of describing the current status of the LOT=true/false debate in regards to Taproot activation path, and why it's important. Recommended read.
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #137 is here:
- describes the results of discussion about choosing activation parameters for a taproot - includes selected questions and answers from the Bitcoin StackExchange
- notes changes to popular Bitcoin infrastructure software
With my current(!) understanding this looks like the most likely/most reasonable scenario (Bitcoin Core release with lot=false as default, without easy config option for the user; up to others to release a client with lot=true if they want):
Expected timeline for the Taproot activation (per https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Taproot_activation_proposal_202102):
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #136 is here:
- describes development of a new constant-time algorithm for generating and verifying transaction signatures
- mentions proposal to stop processing unsolicited transactions
- summarizes proposed BIP for setting up multisig wallets
- shares insight from a discussion about managing escrows over LN
- links to new discussion about bidirectional upfront LN fees
- mentions new protocol for mitigating risk of malicious hardware wallets
Summary of the last Taproot activation meeting:
Nice and easy readable (non-technical) thread on op_return's:
- pros and cons
- random tidbits of knowledge
[bitcoin-dev] Taproot activation meeting 2 - Tuesday 16th February
Bank of Russia chairwoman (Elvira Nabiullina) on bitcoin:
"My attitude towards private cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, has not changed. And this price increase only shows the potential for volatility of such private cryptocurrencies. [...] There is interest in this asset, but the risks remain and maybe even intensify. The fact that this is a very volatile asset - how it quickly grows in price, in the same way it can fall - history has shown this."
New Joinmarket release (0.8.1): Basic PSBT support, yield generator config, signet and various bugfixes
A marathon of answering questions today in the Mentor Monday thread, which (unsurprisingly) is breaking its historic all time highs as well. Noobs stampede!
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!