Mood, physical activity, sex, sleep… Ever thought about all the things you share with @fitbit ? Google is after this data. But we have the power to stop them: https://pvcy.org/googbit #NotOnOurWatch https://nitter.net/privacyint/status/1276900596050735104/photo/1
There's some crazy internal US politics right now that threatens #OpenTechFund, who funded #LetsEncrypt, #CertBot, @torproject , #NoScript, TLS ESNI/ECH, #DNSPrivacyProj, #ReproducibleBuilds, #Wireguard, #DeltaChat, #OpenKeychain, #pypi, @guardianproject , @signalapp , and more. Looks like a couple proprietary software companies are trying to take over this #FreeSoftware money. Please sign on to the campaign to try to stop it: https://saveinternetfreedom.tech
Surveillance capitalism is the same as climate change, but for data:
- Some people have been warning about its consequences for years
- Most people don't care because they don't feel concerned, they can't see it affecting them
- A few companies are making a lot of damage with the help of governments
- When we will face the consequences it will be too late
- We can still do something about it, and the sooner the better
The Tor Project is joining voices from around the world to raise concern about the future of OpenTechFund and the internet freedom technology it supports.
Read our full statement:
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!