Brilliant stuff from @LiveLawIndia. Every hearing on the Article 370, the filings, and live tweets of arguments, compiled chronologically here. A complete record of what has happened in the Courtroom so far.
*Electoral Bonds Investigations Part 2: A House of Lies*
Modi govt lobbied secretly and mislead the Election Commissioners, hoping they would drop opposition to the bonds. When it failed, it lied to the Parliament. Caught doing so once, it lied again, and again. Alongside, it tried to fool the political parties in opposition (and its allies)
On @OnReality_Check@twitter.com with @SreenivasanJain@twitter.com, who first told us about the big #ElectoralBond sale nos. Discussing the first scoop from our investigative series: How RBI was dead against them. But Modi govt didn't care. More to be revealed over next 4 days https://www.ndtv.com/video/shows/reality-check/secret-funds-did-the-government-ignore-rbi-warning-532783
On January 30, documents accessed by @firstname.lastname@example.org show, the RBI responded to the union govt's electoral bonds amendments, saying that they would set a “bad precedent” and encourage money laundering.
For those of you you who are worried about India blocking mstdn.social
For that reason we also have a TOR .onion address on mstdn.social 😄 There's only a catch, you MUST use HTTP instead of HTTPS. Be sure to replace this manually in the address bar
@Sangeeta Well, the 'existing on Mastodon' concept should be reformulated.
Masrodon in an open technology shared by thousands of independent social networks (the Instances) that everyone can install ob his server freely. All this Instances are connected together. Mastodon.social, the one you're on, is just one of them.
So there is not a single entity called Mastodon but a Galaxy of independent Stars (Instances).
Also, every Instance can decide to block other ones.
Those Instances will continue to exist, but wouldn't interact anymore with the ones who blocked them.
Is like saying that Yahoo blocked every interactiin with Gmail. They will be both on the 'email Galaxy' but Yahoo users will not interact anymore with the Gmail ones.
Assam NRC a tool for targeting religious minorities: US commission on religious freedom https://buff.ly/2NV7l4j
Welcome to all the people from India that are joining Mastodon in these days!!
We understand that you are still unconfident with this platform, therefore here you will find some helpful tips to better understand how #Mastodon works:
- There is no such thing as "A" social network called Mastodon! Instead there are thousands of independent social networks called Mastodon Instances.
- Every Instance has his own server, community, rules, admins and moderation.
- Every Instance can interact with users that are on other Instances, exactly like email works (you can send an email from gmail to yahoo, right?).
- Every Instance can choose to silence or completely block another Instance (i.e. because permits bad behaviour)
8. Basically, the Agreement says that in April 2020, there will be a yes/no referendum on the Pinochet-era Chilean Constitution. If a majority votes to abolish that Constitution, it goes.
At that point, a process will be put in place for a new Constitution. The people will vote for the form that the Constituent Assembly will take - direct elections/50% representation of political parties etc.
1. Okay, here is a brief thread on Chile. As you know, there have been widespread protests in recent days, driven primarily by economic inequality (Chile is one of the most unequal countries in the world). Counter-intuitively, at the root of this inequality is the Chilean Constitution. The Constitution was drafted in 1980, as part of a transition from military to civil rule.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!