Playback singer, தமிழச்சி
@Deepsealioness I am Shalini, a one-song old playback singer, and independent musician. Tamil speaking atheist. I mostly post song clips(covers), music and movie related comments and occasional political opinions. Would love a boost. 😊
I've been asking people around me what is holding them from using Mastodon (even after some of them joined), and I got 4 reasons:
1) Not many people here
2) Can't find people here even if they're here
3) It looks very complicated, especially the instances thing
4) Doesn't seem too different from Birdsite so why bother
For people to adopt this platform, these four points need to be addressed. And that too in ultra-simple non-nerdy language.
That One Instance
Water shortage would be so severe in coming years that it may paralyze our #agriculture as well as our domestic consumption and no one seems serious,
No wonder elections would fought on water issue in in Indian future
I am usually not very outspoken when it comes to political opinions. Because honestly I am not good at handling confrontations. But everytime I do express any strong political stand, the backlash has been swift and ruthless from the other side. Glad there is a safe space where you can express yourself without fear of being attacked personally. #Mastodon
How to #Toot. Various Options to Toot. Love this options!!!
1. Public Toot: Posts to your public timeline
2. Unlisted Toot: Kind of private toot for your eyes only
3. Followers only Toot. Self explanatory. Toot will be visible to your followers only
4. Direct Toot: This is DM. Sent as a Toot only. Handles mentioned in the toot will get the msg as a DM.
Controls as shown in attached screenshot
We are getting asked about "verified accounts" quite often recently, so lets try to clear this up: There are no verified accounts on Mastodon like there are on Twitter. Some Mastodon instances have a custom emoji that looks like the verified icon on Twitter and people put that in their display name, probably because it looks fancy. It does not mean anything though.
I'm trying to keep track of the mass migrations to Mastodon that have happened.
I think it started with:
- early adopters, programmers, FOSS people
- tons of peeps in Japan
- furry community moving off Twitter
- LGBTQ+ folks leaving twitter
- people who saw that polygon article (me) or heard about it when it started getting mentioned on hackernews
- comics/artists leaving twitter
- NSFW blogs leaving Tumblr
- sex workers
- and now, Indian politics Twitter users
Am I missing any big moments?
தமிழ் சந்துலக மக்கள்.. #TamilMastodon என்ற டேக் யூஸ் பண்ணி அதிகம் டூட் இடவும்.. கண்டுப்பிடித்து Follow செய்ய வசதியாக இருக்கும்.. 😇
Playback singer, தமிழச்சி
The original server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit