[poll] Hey there! I wrote a post where I talk about thoughts regarding Lance's abilities and his moveset during the game. Please read and vote in the poll! (it is open to everyone, not just patrons)
🦦 SHIELD CAT 🛡️
A game being made by @firstname.lastname@example.org in Gamemaker Studio 2. It is about an otter named Lance who loves to spin!
Check out the video and Patreon for more info, thanks💙
Who here enjoys Shield Cat updates? I posted a post on Patreon with a summary of what I've been up to the last couple months. There's a lot here, but there's a lot more I didn't cover that'll show up in the future hehe
- the background I drew mirrored so I can just draw it flipped horizontally and save a whole chunk of 320x360px VRAM for more backgrounds, I can have double the fancy backgrounds on a single texture page this way
- I improved the animation when you change menu choices
- each sub menu is its own object
- you can unpause from any menu (thanks roxy of the past for having the foresight to implement this, I had to do nothing extra to make it work)
- the game will keep the "options" choise highlighted when you go back to that menu
unrelated but I made it so that if you keep Lance moving for a few seconds, he gains 0.3 speed. It's small, but it'll help when you're just moving through an area
if you stop you'll lose the small boost, but if you spin, you'll immediately gain the boost
Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of Shield Cat, and I've written up a blog talking about how far the game's come as well as where it's going. Thank you guys for supporting me, and here's to more Shield Cat!
Howdy! This is the Mastodon page for the game Shield Cat! Please check it out by following this link, thanks💙:
literally, they're all Metamagicia who are made of pure magic and dont really have a concept of gender so everyone just does whatever and loves whoever they like, it's pretty neat honestly
This page is no longer being updated! Please follow on Twitter for updates.
The original server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit