@moso Thanks for your questions. :)
1. No. This i no difference than the MLAT for Switzerland. In criminal investigations, authorities work together, but German authorities have very limited permissions under what circumstances they can request what data. You'll find details here. https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/data-protection-germany/
2. No, we explain here why we do not use PGP: https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/innovative-encryption/
3. You can add an unlimited number of domains.
@Tutanota Thanks for reaching out so fast 🙂
1) Just an explaination: I don't expect to do anything criminal in the future. I just don't like the idea of anyone snooping in my e-mails. Which has spawned this tinfoilhat-ness 🙂
2) While I trust that your encryption methods are secure, how do a receiver verify my identity? Think public key lookup for PGP.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!