The last days I have gotten back to work on my patch set to revamp the #GNOME Web ad blocker: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/epiphany/merge_requests/178
After rebasing and adapting to the new public API (available since WebKit 2.24), I added the periodic update check, direct loading of local ruleset files, support in the profile migration tool, and changed the default to switch from EasyList in the ABP to the WebKit native JSON ruleset format.
Only one item left to go: making sure filters are enabled before loading web pages.
FWIW, it clearly looks to me now that the whole feature will be completed on time for GNOME 3.34, and that makes me very happy.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!