Tips for MOVING from one Mastodon instance to another
In Settings, you can...
1. Export some of your data from your old account (if you want). This includes who you follow/block/mute. Note that you can't take your _followers_ with you, but they can definitely choose to follow your new account! (see 1st screenshot)
2. Set your old account to show that it's Moved to another account (your new account) (see 2nd screenshot)
3. Obviously: toot about your new account from your old account
You need neither PWA nor AMP to make your website load fast
So, finally! #AvengersEndGame 👏👏
Probably the most important bit of trivia you new people would find useful is that you can use Mastodon from various apps!
Android, iOS, desktop, even alternative web clients that look differently!
Find an app here: https://joinmastodon.org/apps
Asking too many #OAuth permissions: Dark pattern, complexity, or sloppiness?
Asking for way more authorization permissions than needed can be considered a #darkpattern
Should one give away Twitter account control to simply upvote something on ProductHunt ? NO! Is there a #HallOfShame for this?
Google Container for Firefox
(submitted by LukeWalsh)
#Automattic is offering free workshops to encourage women in the Asia-Pacific Region to apply for a career in #WordPress Support. https://en.blog.wordpress.com/2018/11/26/wordpress-support-workshops-for-women-in-the-asia-pacific-region/ #customersupport #custserv
Officially announcing Pterotype, a WordPress plugin that gives your blog an ActivityPub feed. Show more
Announcing Pterotype https://jeremydormitzer.com/blog/announcing-pterotype/
Facebook being facebook Show more
No, facebook, you actually can't do that. "By tapping on the site" isn't explicit consent. And what's that about "off Facebook"?
heads up if you ever use gimp for redacting screenshots and the like Show more
with the default settings, "clear", or the delete key, only makes a region transparent but doesn't delete the colour info. it can easily be retrieved
ways to fix this are:
1. uncheck "save colour values from transparent pixels" when exporting
2. put a fresh transparent layer underneath everything, its colour info (pure black) will be saved instead
3. just fill the area with a solid colour instead
3.1. or save as jpeg
A new alternatieve to GitHub etc, licensed under the AGPL 😀: https://drewdevault.com/2018/11/15/sr.ht-general-availability.html
Happiness Engineer, Automattic; Prev, Freshworks Inc; Prev built, StrikeBuys, Briffly
Follow friends and discover new ones. Publish anything you want: links, pictures, text, video. This server is run by the main developers of the Mastodon project. Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!