Added total visit duration calculations, and made driving routes (buses, cars, taxis, etc) snap to roads. Definitely time to sleep now.
It's cool (to me) to see the differering patterns between the splay of flights from Dublin, when I've lived here, and the mixed spiderweb of trains and buses and flights from Zurich, when I lived there.
Would've liked to fly less from Dublin for environmental reasons, but there's not really any other way to get anywhere, being on an island and all.
- Fixed all the data that was there (eg. flights to Egypt now show up)
- Added missing trip legs in between (see: roadtrip in Romania)
- Swapped to geodesics for flights instead of straight lines.
- Added types of place to pop-ups.
- Changed code to work with the newer version of Google's geocode API
Fós á dhéanamh:
- All the data from the past ~12 months was never entered anywhere yet.
- The visit numbers seem inflated (eg. I've only been in Bremen airport once, but it's listed as twice).
Still to do:
- Differentiate modes of transport when drawing the lines (eg. red = flight, green = bus, whatever)
- Make the markers smaller?
- Add the data that was lost in translation (eg. it has some of my trip to Egypt marked, but not the flights themselves to Egypt)
- Add the travel since then, seeing as this was a year ago or something
- Add a bunch of stats next to the map
Also, I am starting the #UrbanGreen hashtag for any and all pictures of plants coexisting with human society in cities and other urban environments. Because this is a random thing that I love. (You may have noticed this 🌱)
Feel free to post stuff to it, if you like. Your own photographs would be nice, but artwork, or whatever else you want to include are welcome too.
I'm interested in bringing the federation closer, while still rejecting centralisation.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!