My attempts at building #NetBSD userland are not going well. With a fresh CVS checkout I get this. (I've also tried most of the commands and options from chapters 31-33 of the NetBSD docs at https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/index.html)
A build log at forthworks.com/temp/netbsd_build_log.txt
I'll be taking a break for a little while now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I decided to write a debugging tool. Not done yet, but progress has been good. (Working on this last night, and during lunch break today).
So far I have the disassembler, execution trace, and single stepping working, as well as a minimal nga-in-retro vm for the tracing/single stepper. Now starting on keeping some stats for profiling and the ability to monitor specific memory addresses during traces.
Ok, so I've added support for smaller fonts, and some notes in the settings to make the wrapping/cutoff issue more explicit. I'll also update the starting page / docs to make this clearer as well. The wrapping mode works, but does distort whitespace.
I've also relocated the History view to the bottom toolbar and put in a proper Back button.
These changes won't be out until after the 27th though, due to the holiday shutdown.
Well this has gone smoothly. The input bugs are fixed, floating point is working, file I/O (within the app sandbox) works, and I've got gopher support in place. Also a dark color scheme to closer match the iOS UI.
A test build is at http://forthworks.com/temp/MacRetro.zip or gopher://forthworks.com:70/9/temp/MacRetro.zip (try gopher://forthworks.com:70/temp/MacRetro.zip if your client doesn't support RFC4266 URI's).
I decided that it's probably time to actually finish the #macOS UI for Retro. This is intended to be similar to the iOS UI (dual panes, editor/output).
I find the macOS UI frameworks to be a bit tricky compared with UIKit, but that's probably just a lack of experience with them.
Anyway, it's minimally functional: I have it running the basic image, with a functional editor. Lots todo, but I'm happy w/today's progress on this.
I also made some headway on the #gopher interface to the glossary data.
That'll wrap up today's programming efforts. Time to take a break from this and burn a few hours reading before bed.
Some progress on the new documentation tool. I have the words in a tab separated value file, and a small program to lookup words in this. Now to work on the documentation editor...
I wrote a few small #iOS apps for my personal use today.
First, a wrapper for the mastodon.social web interface, since I didn't like any of the native iPad apps for Mastodon as much as the web UI.
Second, a complete rewrite of the virtual keyboard I use on the iPad. It's a lot faster now, and has some things I wasn't sure how to do when I first wrote it a couple of months ago. I'm much more pleased with this one.
Programmer. Developer of Retro Forth, Gopher servers and clients, and several iOS apps. Co-founder DC Comtech.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!