Statistics terminology question 

Is there a term I can search for that describes the following:

- Study shows that A is correlated with B, r=0.9
- Different study shows C is correlated with B, r=0.8

The term I'm looking for is the "implied correlation" (my term) of A and C. 1) is it even epistemically valid, 2) how to calculate the implied r

My instinct tells me 1) is "sort of" and 2) is simply r1 * r2 but my instinct is often wrong. Also does Bayes' theorem somehow apply here??


re: Statistics terminology question 

@tedu @darius sadly this page reinforces my long held belief that mathematicians are the world's worst communicators.

Sign in to participate in the conversation

The original server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit