Follow

Phew, it's been a while...

I've mostly finished the grey wool dress and will try to get photos at some point. Sleeves didn't quite turn out how I wanted shape-wise, but for a fully hand-sewn garment... Not bad, I think.

I'm now working on a similar dress in some blue silk dupion I got from Homecraft Textiles with my black canvas. Same neckline, longer hem and looser sleeves though.

The last dress in the series is going to be with a different neckline (torn between boat neck or doing a slight scoop neck) with lace-up sleeves and hopefully a full-length hem.

In the meantime, I finally got my hands on some black linen to make some Eastwood pants for myself. I'm still going to use some cheap printed cotton flannelette for the test pair, but if those turn out then it's fancy tracksuit pants time!

Show thread

I decided against the duster coat though. While I'm not exactly opposed to doing what I have to in order to make a pattern (that being only using the Buckaroo Bobbins pattern for some guidance on drafting and the assembly instructions), what I really need is a coat with a hood. And I just don't think it'll look good that way.

Show thread

Instead, I'm going for a knee-length contour seamed coat with a hood, and hopefully inseam pockets as well. I'm doing a small overlap in front with a combo of inner hook-and-eye fasteners and metal buttons for the outer (haven't actually chosen the buttons yet).

The biggest challenge is going to be lining the hood, since I either have to re-treat the neck seam or somehow sew in the hood lining after construction.

Show thread
Sign in to participate in the conversation
Mastodon

Server run by the main developers of the project 🐘 It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!