It took me a few attempts to get things right (e.g. my Guile module path was wrong), but I can finally Guix-install my custom hello-world app.
Hope I'll be able to make good use of this in the future, e.g. to help with packaging.
I should have added... this coming meetup is about #packaging, not documentation.
There's a new meetup planned for this weekend, Sunday 23rd, 430pm UTC.
More details and link to join the call here: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-01/msg00298.html
We pay to Steam, Netflix, Amazon prime, Spotify. But not to Wikipedia, Archive.org, Librivox, Project Gutenberg, for our favourite Linux distro.
The huge asymmetry between corporate and community has not emerged naturally. It is a product of our choices of not supporting community oriented projects.
The short conveniences vs the long-term good. We always chose the former.
In face of surveillance capitalism, we must and must change.
The program of the “Declarative and Minimalistic Computing” track at #FOSDEM is on-line:
"90% of Emacs users have unusual setups and the remaining 10% are really unusual" https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/auth.html#index-auth_002dsources #lol #emacs
I gave a talk "5 legal tips to help run your [development] business" to a conference today. It's about contracts and copyright, and the tips probably work for most laws and jurisdictions.
If you want the slides, help yourself:
What People Spend Most of Their Money On, By Income Group, Relatively Speaking https://flowingdata.com/2021/12/09/what-people-spend-most-of-their-money-on-by-income-group-relatively-speaking/
As a very minor note, I think I'd have gone for a direct reference to the word "markup", as opposed to Markdown. E.g. "OrgMark" or "OrgUp"? But I know I'm being stupidly nitpicky, it doesn't really matter that much.
Post-quantum existentialist. Vegan. Part of CryptoPartyLDN (https://mastodon.earth/@cryptopartyldn). 6E0A 4E90 3241 34F0 2788 445D 044A 25F5 267D C236
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!