Follow

Programming, every single time.

4 hours into the project:
"Awesome, this is straight-forward and we're almost done already!"

4 weeks into the project:
"WTF, how can this be so complicated?"

@fribbledom
hehe, totally that. the most useful is always the longest to code. details are important and it takes the whole time

@fribbledom this was neatly observed in an old proverb, "the first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time".

@mike

So this makes for 180% of time total, which explains why all software projects are always late.

(I know, I know, this was just a typo)

@fribbledom "Cool, I won't need to plan anything, will code on the fly"

@fribbledom estimates are given to management at the six hour mark right

@LovesTha

That's the best case scenario, yeah. Typically tho, management agrees on estimates before consulting the development team.

@fribbledom The corner cases. Why does it always have to be the corner cases.

@fribbledom
I did that, but really the only problem was going from POSIX to WIN32 😂

@fribbledom As the boss once asked... "How close are you to being done? Are you still in the first 90% or into the second 90%?"

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Mastodon

Server run by the main developers of the project 🐘 It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!