@256 I assume this is only palette shifting? What in the world...

@gbraad Yeah. I just like the term palette shifting more because it implies the use of palletized addressing whereas color cycling could mean other things. Same thing really, no?

@anji the technique was named in dpaint was cycling through a range of selected palette colors.

So yes, they shift but that wasn't the term given

@gbraad Fair enough. Actually using Deluxe Paint was a little before my time :)


@anji hence my comment. Color cycling is the accepted term and what you most likely find references to. Sole great artwork exists. The dpaint disks even came with some. I was bound to the screen in 1987 (aged six) seeing these

Not saying you are wrong. Just sometimes the 'wrong' term is more colloquial.

· · Web · 0 · 0 · 0
Sign in to participate in the conversation

The original server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit