Here is an Android app I appreciate a lot. It's living its life totally in the background, doing its deed every day without a sound. It allows to me to synchronise my calendars and todo lists with other parties through my nextcloud instance, enabling necessary coordination with my family and others without resorting to Google.
Let me present DAVx⁵! https://www.davx5.com/
Today on This Is the Year Of Linux on Desktop, I try to install Flatpak on Majaro Linux running on the Pinebook.
“Choose a provider for xdg-desktop-portal-impl:
1: xdg-desktop-portal-gtk 1.7.1-1 extra
2: xdg-desktop-portal-kde 5.19.2-1 extra”
Man, Apple must be shaking in their boots.
Facebook acquires OpenStreetMap partner Mapillary -
Is it basically this?
1. set up a for-profit company
2. tell everyone it's a "collaborative", "open data" project
3. partner with a non-profit to earn brownie points & attention
4. train up your models and develop your tech based on crowdsourced data you got people to willingly upload
5. sell yourself to Evil Corp for $$$
6. shut down the open API, minimise and hamper any community efforts, maximise profits
climate change, flight
Why aren't airline loyalty programs / frequent flyer point systems banned yet?
We need the reverse: progressive tax/penalties for people who fly more.
(Technically the law/regulation should express this in carbon intensity, but we're far from viable non-CO2e intensive flight.)
Probably the coolest, most nerdy frontend to OpenStreetMap:
$ telnet mapscii.me
(Use arrow keys to move, and a/z to zoom in/zoom out)
More info at https://github.com/rastapasta/mapscii
I've written a (long-ish) proposal to make #FDroid's latest view useful again: https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroidclient/-/issues/2024
Feel free to join in on that discussion if that interests you. I'd especially appreaciate input from people using F-Droid with a non-English locale.
So, some people still believe that banning Gab from fedi somehow helps with fighting fascism. You (I assume very young) people should consider:
1. Not listening to someone doesn't mean that they magically disappear from planet Earth
2. Not being able to see your opponent means you're robbing yourself of the ability to understand them, and thus defend against them (or even understand where they're coming from and address their concerns in civil argument)
I like open source software and hardware. I admin Linux machines and occasionally write code. I enjoy nature, cycling, music and science fiction.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!