I keep forgetting to use Mastodon
I'm trying out postmarketOS on my OnePlus One. My notes so far:
- While the mainline kernel shows console output, only the downstream one has functional graphics.
- OpenSSH works in the mainline kernel, but in the downstream one the connection breaks after authentication. Dropbear works, the USB Networking wiki page says how to switch.
- The 'Unknown chunk type' fastboot error is caused by the image being too large. Create a recovery zip, or choose no UI.
- Phosh, GNOME, and Xfce seem broken.
I made a handy script to patch JD-GUI to use a dark theme:
It uses Darcula for the interface (with -Dhidpi to work around a bug), and changes the code view to use a dark theme that's actually already inside JD-GUI but not used.
It also turns on antialiasing so the fonts don't look terrible.
me: okay, I want to build this google thing
me: *clones repo* ok how do I build it
google: with our proprietary build tool that's nearly the same as a standard one but not
me: *runs tool*
google: you cloned it wrong
google: you have to clone with our special tool that's nearly git but not
this was inspired by an increasingly complex shell script that I'm currently writing to parse data from a website
I wrote a script to invert the luminosity of Wireshark packet colours, making it look better with dark themes.
- Export the existing colours with View > Coloring Rules > Export
- Run the script to modify the colours: ./wireshark-dark.py current-colours.txt > new-colours.txt
- Import the new colours
- Move them to the top of the list (or just clear all the rules before importing)
oh sorry, did you not want RGB GAMING RAM to go with your RGB GAMING MOTHERBOARD? too bad
And why does dpkg fail with an obscure tar-related error that has 0 Google results? Hmm...
(The tar kludge was probably to make the dpkg kludge work, somehow, but it doesn't seem to work anymore)
The next challenge is figuring out what I was thinking when I wrote it. Like, why did I replace /usr/bin/tar with a shell script that calls sed on the arguments before passing them to busybox tar?
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!