tv on in the background
5 masto tabs open, notifications from 3
it's kinda breaking my brain a bit
dark gray on m.s and botsin.space
light gray on dev.glitch and cybre.space
I don't, even
I thought it was just display color calibration differences, but no, my gray icon is actually a LIGHTER COLOR on dev.glitch
actually maybe I should stick on here because dev.glitch is being really slow right now
I want to get this thread to federate fully to my other instance so I'm bumping it to see if that works
More reasons to switch
• Emoji: Flagship has a few custom emoji, but many instances have their own unique set, and sometimes it's quite large!
• Rules: The mastodon.social moderator team is pretty top notch and their rules are pretty reasonable, but maybe you want something more restrictive, or less restrictive.
Plenty of people are advertising instances to switch to, but why should you switch? Here are some reasons:
• Community: Some focus on a certain topic. With those, the "local" timeline is useful to talk about that topic.
• Theme: Some have custom theming or language tweaks that might be fun.
• Performance: Flagship mastodon.social is slow sometimes! Even if you don't notice it might be taking a while for your statuses to propagate.
• Tweaks: Some have extra customizations, like the doodle pad.
For the last few days I have woken up at 6:00 AM even though my alarm is set to 6:30 😠
ohh, derp, the black-colored emoji do show up, they're just much closer to the background color now and also this monitor probably doesn't have the best color reproduction