As a result the homepage FMP went down from ~ 6.3 seconds to ~ 3.5 seconds, and the article FMP from ~ 6 seconds to ~ 3.3 seconds. 🎉

For us the number one thing to improve overall perf. was to eliminate blocking JavaScript requests. On the homepage we went from around six blocking JS requests to zero. This was quite a tricky thing to achieve due to complex dependencies of third-party scripts like ads, etc.

For the most important site types (e.g. homepage or article) we set up budgets that we regularly monitor and adjust (downwards of course). We have a monitor in our room with the current status of all budgets. We get Slack notifications should a budget break for 3 times in a row.

“Privacy is paramount to us, in everything we do.” While on my commute, I had to laugh hard when I read this sentence, coming from Google. 😂 Made my day. blog.google/products/chrome/bu

Mastodon

Server run by the main developers of the project 🐘 It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!