Admittedly I was quite agitated due to the #rms lynch for the last few days and I've read plenty of things on the internet. I had no opinion on a few topics. Some conclusions I've came up with are:
- we should strive for equal chances, not for equal results
- "cancel culture" executed by a mob is no less than a harassment
- some people lack skill (or will) to check facts and others use that to advance their goals
- media news are not trustworthy
- throwing shit makes some of it stick
- unpopular opinions are a serious danger to your personal life and career so an opportunist (rational?) strategy is to keep silent about them
- it is not allowed to wander too far with thought experiments because it may hurt you (see above) because either someone does not like these thoughts or doesn't understand them
- many people preaching for inclusion are very exclusive themselves
These conclusions (especially the last one) made me very sad, because I'm a big proponent of the first one.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!