New podcast episode today! I interviewed Chris Oliver (GoRails, Hatchbox) about his early days as a programmer and how he learns. Go check it out: https://share.transistor.fm/s/5136e995
Due to popular demand, and the ever-increasing net to explain Mastodon to newbies as every instance is being bombarded with new users...
I've gone ahead and create a video tutorial that should help folks get to grips with all of this platform's particulars:
Intro to Mastodon 101
Hey @jmcharnes caught your talk at Southeast Solidus -- really appreciated you making an effort to keep everyone grounded. Glad to see you on !
@miketannenbaum here's what you need to know:
- you can follow people on any instance, and be followed from any instance (unless you block or are blocked)
- your instance is kinda like a neighborhood.
- your home timeline is just the people you follow
- your local timeline is just the people on your instance
- the federated timeline is all activities across all instances
- search only works on hashtags, so #introductions is a good starting point
- be friendly (duh) and don't be a Nazi (duh)
Here is my #introduction!
I am Bryan. I live in Barnet, #Vermont. I am currently finishing up the web developer curriculum at #FlatironSchool so I can complete a mid-life career change. I have a #compsci degree from many years ago, but instead spend the last 15 years as a #Methodist Minster. Weird, eh?
Hi again, I am ruby-on-rails developer , hope this instance will be a home for a prospering community
Hey folks! Welcome to ruby.social! 🎉
I'm hoping this will become a good, friendly community for Ruby-folks to chat and discover new friends. But for that to happen, you need to sign up!
https://ruby.social -- all are welcome
#ImposterSyndrome definitely affected me during my first year of development work, the only cure is to do stuff.
Web developer building cool stuff.
Follow me to talk about #webdev he/him
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!