johnadams boosted

OPINION:
20mph (or 30kph) needs to become the new norm as the #innercity speed limit. Not only does it make the motorized #traffic less deadly if something goes wrong and reduces the number of passing moves. It also reduces fumes and noise emissions and equals the trip times for motorists and and cyclists, rendering an often-heard *argument* against #cycling obsolete. #urbanism #rideabike

johnadams boosted

When in doubt, shipwreck. #techdiving the bow of the Um el Faroud, Malta.

Want to Save the ? Subsidize .

"Of course, the cheap, efficient, and liberating alternative to the car has always been the ."

outsideonline.com/2399731/to-s

johnadams boosted

ive been riding public transit in this city for the better part of a decade now. union station downtown used to be a ghost town. now it is packed 24/7. why? because the city has massively developed its transit infrastructure.

this is a perfect illustration of the fact that when it comes to infrastructure, demand follows supply. if something is useful, people will use it more. a lack of people using public transit isnt an argument for not investing in it - its an argument for investing more

I have just completed 12 days in Texas (In a Dallas suburb) with about 100 miles on the , a humble personal record. This is not the best place to bike, but combining trails and bike designated roads make a pretty stress free ride. If there are no good bike route options I would still drive, and that is why I had to break the fast this Saturday.

johnadams boosted

"Brexit Party MEPs turn their backs in European Anthem at opening session of European Parliament"

Really can't think of a more infantile gesture than that 🙄

johnadams boosted
johnadams boosted
johnadams boosted

Today’s a good time to leave Google’s spyware behind. Use Firefox or Safari.

johnadams boosted

Build it and they will #bike: the Bicycle Architecture Biennale – in pictures
15 projects from nine countries have been selected for the second #Bicycle Architecture Biennale, which launches on Monday in Amsterdam
theguardian.com/cities/bike-bl

Why to Align Your Tire Label with Your Valve Stem? (from the book bikesnob, a good read)
If you’re repairing a flat tire, you first need to locate the cause of the puncture. Sometimes, that’s difficult to do. But if you inflate your tube and find the hole, you can then look at how far it is from the valve. And, since you’re an observant, anal, rule-obsessed cyclist and you always align your tire label with your valve stem, you can then zero right in on the point of entry on the tire.

johnadams boosted

97% of scientists have proved that humans are making global warming significantly worse. So, who are the other 3% who disagree?

A recent analysis of scientific papers published by those 3% showed flawed methodology and results that could not be reproduced. When the the errors were corrected, all of the 3% fell into agreement with the 97%.

Now, who do you believe? Science or conservative propaganda?

qz.com/1069298/the-3-of-scient

johnadams boosted
johnadams boosted

ICANN granted Amazon.com the domain '.amazon' today, rather than the entire geographic region of the Amazon Basin.

Acts like this are colonial, obviously, but also a slap in the face to early internet promises of global representation + shared power. Its really sad.

mashable.com/article/amazon-do

#GAFAM #GAFA #amazon

(via everest-pipkin.com/ , thanks ! )

johnadams boosted

RIP David Gordon Wilson, the recumbent bicycle guy and inventor of the revenue-neutral carbon tax

johnadams boosted
johnadams boosted

RT @anderspreben@twitter.com

Q:
What’s more efficient than a person on a bicycle?

A:
Nothing!

—S.S. Wilson, #Bicycle Technology, 1973 🚲

🔎 bike.nyc/blog/news/how-cyclist | @bikenewyork@twitter.com | @copenhagenizers@twitter.com

johnadams boosted
johnadams boosted
Show more
Mastodon

Server run by the main developers of the project 🐘 It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!