Looking for a few people to test the Exposure Notifications API of @microg
- Update your microG to http://microg.org/dl/core-en.apk
- Install and set up your local gov corona tracing app https://www.xda-developers.com/google-apple-covid-19-contact-tracing-exposure-notifications-api-app-list-countries/
- Verify that microG settings has Exposure Notifications enabled and shows the app as using it
- When you are in public tomorrow, go to microG settings again and verify that "Collected IDs" shows a higher number
- Report back here with device name and android version+rom
The original CWA app uses the play services client library which requires signature spoofing to communicate with microG.
It would be possible to modify the client library (its bytecode, as it's not open source) to not check for signatures. I also started working on an alternative client library (that doesn't do signature checks), but it's not fit for use yet.
If you just want to get CWA compatible app running without microG, watch out for https://www.coralibre.de/
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!