@trevorflowers oof I'm blowing you up this morning. Can I switch my mastodon account to your widerweb.org server?
I have had at least 12 people contact me in the last 2 weeks asking if this is me. The worst part is I am not entirely sure that it isn't me.
What we're currently missing:
- Affordable VR headset
- Affordable MR headset (e.g. Lynx)
- @email@example.com OpenXR support for Linux
- XR-focused Linux distros (the components aren't quite ready though)
- Better Proton OpenXR support for Windows apps
- Qualcomm XR2 Linux drivers for DSP
Add another component to a fully open source XR stack!!!
This means in total we'll have
- Headsets (@NorthStarXR@twitter.com)
- OS (Linux) with drivers (@MonadoXR@twitter.com)
- Hand tracking (@firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SLAM (Monado)
- Display server (@email@example.com)
- FBT (@firstname.lastname@example.org's SlimeVR)
- Eye Tracking
We (AngellXR) are currently incubating projects such as the Open Metaverse Interoperability group (OMI). I currently serve as co-chair of OMI, provide guidance and mentorship to metaverse founders and investors, and teach Dataviz and Product at MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art).
I love connecting with other Open Metaverse people. Keep going!
Hey everyone! Great chance for an #introduction
My name is Jesse, and I am a product strategist, advisor, and open source maintainer, with a passion for the Open Metaverse. I founded AngellXR, a Metaverse incubation community, and we are raising a fund for all types of metaverse projects (web3 and non, for profit and non).
Let's create the @open_metaverse, together 🪑Co-chair Open Metaverse Interoperability W3C 👾 Incubation @Angell_XR 🎯 Product @fearlessbmore (they/him)
The original server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit