The café I’m at:
• has far too much tracking in their logotype
• horizontally squashes the sub-text
• uses a “ﬀ” ligature in coffee (“c o ﬀ e e”)
• is otherwise inconsistent in their typography
• they have decent coffee
• Internet works here
• no one else is inside (as it's a nice day)
• there’s a table way in the back that’s far away from the smokers outside; therefore, I can breathe
So I must continue to repress my designer snobishness. Somehow.
@garrett I feel the pain. While I was studying in Reading last year, we type designers frequently went for breakfast at a cafe that had a giant window logo in a script font ... with every letter disconnected and the initial-swash-variant turned on.
Follow friends and discover new ones. Publish anything you want: links, pictures, text, video. This server is run by the main developers of the Mastodon project. Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!