>> Instead of freaking out about how ‘small’ Gumroad actually is (like I thought they would), our creators have grown more loyal. It feels like we’re all in this together, trying to do earn a living doing what we love.
Soon, we will also open-source the whole product, WordPress-style. Anyone will be able to deploy their own version of Gumroad, make the changes they want, and sell the content they want, without us being the middle-man. <<
The High Crusade
Check out this book on Goodreads: The High Crusade http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/338325.The_High_Crusade
I have been completely removed from Facebook for a full year. It has been the best year in recent memory. OBSERVATIONS:
1) I'm still "connected" to current events. I'm just not bombarded with a thousand "rage-bait" rants about it.
2) I'm still connected with everyone that matters. We've shared the responsibility of staying in touch. Sometimes it's on me to reach out, sometimes it's on them. The people who haven't kept up with me, were just a relationship of ceremony and convenience.
3) I'm substantially less depressed. Surprising no one, I guess. It didn't cure depression, but it alleviated that which it brought: A lot.
4) I'm still super social online. I have community here and a few other places. We do things together, and don't just try to whip ourselves into a fury.
5) I've gained a meaningful perspective: *MY* perspective. Getting away from the manipulative pieces of those social media sites has given me enough clarity to be, well... "me."
Now that the discourse around #Facebook begins to implicitly accept that it's declining or collapsing, it's become a sure thing. To help accelerate the decline, remind your friends and family of the services that Facebook owns that they should avoid along with the social network: #Instagram, #Whatsapp.
Remind them that #Google are just a more powerful Facebook.
Before they migrate to a new silo, and a new master.. let them know something new is growing over here on the Fediverse.
Classy bus drinks :)
I don't have a choice, the video is too good: Prime Minister of Luxembourg about Brexit
How to exit vim :P
cogitator wrangler & occasional vulpine
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!