So, about this Mastodon thing (still learning):
- mastodon.social is to Mastodon what gmail.com is to email,
- like in email @usernames are only unique within a given server,
- MAXLEN=500 here,
- RTFM: https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/tree/master/docs
- enough people already asked about end-to-end encrypted DMs. There are no.
- no one asked about e2e signed toots though yet?
- if you believe you're trustworthy enough, consider using the ✅ character to let others know they can trust you.
an update on my plans for gay.crime.team
i'll be reverting to a single-user instance on friday. everyone's accounts will be active, but i'll be locking login on everyone, so your existing posts will still be here but you won't be able to write new ones.
please do the work to migrate to a new instance now. it'll make everything easier for everyone.
>>= programming / artist / bad at social media
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!