Features sorely needed in a client (may or may not already exist)
1) Image thumbnails. Your stupid cat photo should NOT take over my entire timeline screen.
2) Per account disable re-blog. You re-blog too much. Your privileges have been revoked.
3) Easy follow/unfollow. Most apps require too many clicks
4) Optionall ignore content-warnings. They're overused to the point of uselessness. I don’t care for them. I'll survive.
(Getting to the nice to have…)
8) Auto-delete posts. This stuff shouldn't last forever (should be built-in to service)
9) Tools to help manager followings
9a) Mass unfollow tools
9b) Ability to (privately) fav or tag users or add notes to accounts.
10) Subscribe to public blocklists. I assume the russian trolls are here already?
@schwa The web client has a lot of these, I think – disable reblog/boost, ignore content warnings, muting (‘filters’ in settings), auto delete posts, and follow/following management (in settings). Apps are definitely a bit spotty in which features the expose! I don’t think any of them make everything available.
@Gargron For the record, it wasn’t a complaint. I like the local timeline and think it’s important, for example. You don’t. That’s fine. It encourages me to find another client. I don’t have to hate your decisions in your client to want something else. And that’s great. 😀
@Gargron …I probably should have said it's not important for you for your client. And you're probably right for the general case!
@jwisser ooh, gonna have to check this out. I really enjoy Toot! but this might be worth a shot, as long as it has custom emoji support, etc
The original server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit