If social and economic struggle has its roots in resource conflict, then it is always better to know more about geography, geohistory, geo-economic relations in one's locality than knowing more about global or planet level details.
All "developments" are materialistic. Even immaterial progression, depends on concrete material platforms as fertile land. People speak so much about sharing, while we all fixated with individual properties.
Copyleft - கட்டற்ற மென்பொருளுக்கு காப்புரிமை தேவையா?
கட்டற்ற மென்பொருளுக்கு காப்புரிமை தேவையா இல்லையா? காப்புரிமையை கட்டற்ற மென்பொருளின் வளர்ச்சிக்காகவும், பாதுகாப்பிற்காகவும் எப்படி பயன்படுத்துவது என்பது பற்றி FSFTN உறுப்பினர் பேசியுள்ளார். முழுமையாக கேட்டு தங்கள் கருத்துக்களைப் பகிரவும்.
1) Trebor's (very labor focused) 10 principles include rejection of excessive surveillance: http://www.rosalux-nyc.org/wp-content/files_mf/scholz_platformcoop_5.9.2016.pdf
2) In my view, adtech/tracking/profiling can have very different meanings when the participants have meaningful access to co-ownership and governance. E.g.: https://midata.coop
One time I saw someone do this:
* Open safari on their iPad
* Type "google"
* click the google result for google search
* Type Facebook in the google search box
* Tap Facebook search result
* "Why aren't I logged in, I have the app installed" (app is on home screen)
If this is the level of understanding of web / app technology there is little hope currently of doing much about surveillance capitalism.
Stop. feeding. the. algorithms. of. surveillance. capitalists.
Some people say these,
1. Look how capitalism is innovating. (or)
2. Look how innovation is flourishing under capitalism.
Here is my take on it. As far as human beings are around, innovation takes place no matter under what 'ism' we live in. It is human beings who innovate.
Capitalism funds the innovation which it feels will capture value for private profit and then scales it to all market. Rest will not even spoken about.
Which innovation flourishes under which ism is the question here.
Privacy conferences certainly don't mind having the likes of Google, Facebook, Palantir, and Acxiom among their sponsors (https://fpf.org/about/supporters/). Prominent privacy researchers don't mind serving on the board of Palantir, either (https://www.palantir.com/2012/11/announcing-the-palantir-council-on-privacy-and-civil-liberties/)
A Belgian-Canadian student & @DiEM_25 member is facing up to 8 years in prison after being arrested during a protest in #Hungary last month. He is being charged with a crime that he did not commit.
Join us in supporting Adrien in his fight for democracy https://diem25.org/belgian-canadian-student-and-diem25-member-faces-up-to-8-years-in-prison-after-attending-protest-in-hungary
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!