Here's my official #introductions toot.
I'm 21 years old from Ohio. Coder, artist, creator, Christian, libertarian. I love baking, cooking, woodworking, metalworking, all of which I'm a novice at. I enjoy writing, but mostly on spiritual topics. I prefer reading books of knowledge over novels. Love most genres of music, but little overlap with what the majority like. I sometimes post music here. INTJ with a dark sense of humor (but I rarely show it for everyone's safety).
• Inventory. View items.
• Crafting. Input will be 3x3 grid, output will be 1x3.
• Various. Message box, escape key, pause overlay, etc.
ItemObject (used by UIs):
• Basic meta. ID (string, not int), name, description, quantity, worth.
• Attributes. Positive/negative keywords that modify item worth.
• Quality. Boosts item worth [eventually improves recipes].
• Events. OnQuantity*, OnButton* [1, 2, or 3].
• ObjectStorage. Lets WorldObjects hold items [functionally, not visually].
• UIs. Could easily be half the game or more.
WorldObject (objects in the game world derive from):
• Scaling and rotation. Lerp "formula" can be replaced.
• ObjectStats. Level, experience, and professions. [Partially complete]
• ObjectMemory. Short, long term.
• ObjectAnimation [in RenderObject]. Full control over animation.
Progress report on Merchantry. I've been focusing on coding the foundation of the game this past week. I'll list it all here:
• Camera. Smoothly focus on objects.
• Calendar. A system for game events.
• UI manager. Just the basics here.
Hey guys :)
I'm thinking about doing an art livestream tomorrow on Picardo
Since I haven't drawn in ages, I'll probably do something like a request stream where you can tell me what to draw or practice to draw.
I'm not yet sure if something will come up till then, but I'm thinking about starting around 11am german time till around 6pm. With some streambreaks inbetween, where I'll be offline for an hour probably.
Okay... based on a Twitter poll, I've decided to make another game. Here's how the next months are going to go:
1. Write the core features, basic story, world, etc. of this new game.
2. Meanwhile, I'll churn out some resources (fonts, icons, etc).
Once that's done, I'll code a quick prototype, release, and get feedback.
Yea, Twitter is definitely filtering me out of my friends' timelines. So I'm going to become more active on here.
On my third day of intermittent fasting. Skipping breakfast and lunch, and not eating until after 5:00 PM each day (and no late snacks). It's going well. Doing this mostly for health reasons, as I would like to lose some weight.
Twitter and Facebook have to be careful with how much they filter out content. How long until their headquarters get Nasime'd? I'm not saying that as a joke, either. If these companies cared about you or freedom, they would've been giving their users more control, not less.
Coder, artist, creator. INTJ, Christian, chaotic good, spiritually ambitious.
Follow friends and discover new ones. Publish anything you want: links, pictures, text, video. This server is run by the main developers of the Mastodon project. Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!