Don't be afraid to charge more:
- Most founders severely underprice their products/services. If your product is valuable - people will be willing to pay for it.
- Higher margins will allow you to invest into improving your product. It's better to compete on quality than on price.
- It's easier to sell 10 $100 products than 100 $10 products.
- Higher prices filter for better customers.
- If doubling your price won't lose you more than half of your customers - that's free money.
hehe, was thinking about that but I think to sell something at a higher price requires a sales pitch. I am not a sales person.
Also GoDaddy went big because they made domain name registration automated to lower the prices. Eventually people will take this route. (automation for lower prices) So might as well do things cost effective from the get go.