First stop tonight, the Homebrew Website Club, working on adding Micropub-powered photo posting to my website! https://indieweb.org/events/2018-09-19-homebrew-website-club
How I created that post:
- I built and deployed my own Micropub endpoint with GitLab CI and Docker
- I logged into Indigenous for Android with my website via PGP in IndieAuth
- I created the post in Indigenous
- Indigenous found my Micropub endpoint on my site and sent it the post
- My custom Micropub endpoint cloned the repo, created the post text file and uploaded image, committed that, and pushed it
- My GitLab CI saw the change and rebuilt and deployed my website
Why all that complexity? There are three pieces to this - the Git repo of the website itself, the micropub endpoint, and the publishing app. I can change any of them and the system should still work. This will be most useful with other Micropub posting clients, none of which need to know how the publishing bit specific to my site works.
Follow friends and discover new ones. Publish anything you want: links, pictures, text, video. This server is run by the main developers of the Mastodon project. Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!