I made my own wired remote for my camera! A first: wooden buttons! They work really well too, super happy with the result.

Designed in of course, and processed by my own add-on Flatterer before laser-cutting: stuvel.eu/software/flatterer/

Useless box is taking shape.

Designed in , of course!

Next step: hooking it all up to an ATtiny85 microcontroller.

Behold, my Class D amplifier prototype. Based on an NE555P and two TLV9052 opamps.

It converts audio to a "1-bit" digital signal at 200 kHz, amplifies it, then averages out the bits to get the analogue signal back. I know how it works, and still it feels miraculous

Made my own wireless LED. It's my first self-made wireless energy transfer ever!

I've learned a lot from this experiment. The final product will have 3x as many LEDs, and will require heatsinks and a little fan. Also the current limiter will get a programmable reference voltage to get an optimal use of the 8 bit PWM LED driver chip.

Convert from linear "visual intensity" to PWM values needed to dim a LED. I use this all the time in my projects, to convert a linear potentiometer to intensity of a light source. Used to be Python, is now web.


My LED project is coming along nicely. It can now control the LED dimming in response to the thermometer IC alert signals. And it'll report its state over the UART serial connection.

I made a GUI application for controlling my self-made USB-enabled thermometer! So happy with today's results :)

Thermometer, reporting via USB to a serial terminal. This'll soon be on a custom PCB, together with 7 segment display. Will be used to do temp monitoring at the Blender office.

Super proud of this! I managed to make a PCB with beautifully sharp 0.3mm traces, and then hand-soldered a 1.5mm x 1.5mm IC on it. It has 6 connections to the PCB on the bottom.

It's a li-ion protection chip that I want to try out.

A component transplant in two photos. Also a demonstration of the progress I made in one year fine-tuning my PCB fabrication process.

Before, with all components on the year-old PCB on the left, and a shiny new PCB on the right. And after the transplant.

Today was a fruitful day. My 2.4GHz transceiver is working, as well as my 3.3v buck/boost converter.

Today I made some rear lights for bicycles! They show a subtle breathing pattern designed to show a hint of fanciness without distracting other people from traffic.

Also they show the remaining battery level at power on and have a power save mode.

My new bicycle light. It'll have a 4x4 LED matrix controlled by a microprocessor. Why buy one for cheap if you can make it yourself!

New blog post! PWM & Visual Brightness. Finally I have turned my ideas into a script, so I never have to break my brain about this again.

TL;DR: visually linear + good control over low brightness


I want a few of those for my electronics projects!

RT @samerps
Power Inductor! DecalMachine + Chipp Eevee materials, fantastic addons @machin3io @chippwalters

I built an amplifier! This little fella is going to replace the big old amp that I use to hear my electric drumkit. Check out my latest blog post with photos, circuit diagram, and a tiny bit of explanation.


Much improvement to my homemade thermometer! I used some old B&W film to improve the contrast of the display, and enable the LEDs per digit (instead of per segment) to have more on-time and thus more brightness.

Show older

The original server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit