Toot! v1.13 is now out!
The main new feature in this release is a new screen for direct messages (finally!), and an (optional) floating bubble system for direct messages. Also a bunch of smaller tweaks and bug fixes.
This took ages to finish because I got stuck rewriting parts of the app I wasn’t quite happy with, to support the current and future features. I hope I didn’t introduce too many new bugs in the process, but keep an eye out and let me know if anything is behaving oddly!
(Also took ages because I got sidetracked into working on https://waha06x36.itch.io/soratobu-ol, check that out too!)
Actual change list:
* Added a direct message view.
* Added optional floating bubbles for direct messages.
* Small visual fixes for direct messages in dark mode.
* The currently selected account and tab are now saved when the app restarts.
* Slightly better support for displaying toots in right-to-left languages such as Arabic, Hebrew and Farsi.
Toot! v1.13.1 is now also out!
This is a bugfix release for the previous version. It fixes some newly introduced bugs and some older ones. Nothing else new and exciting, though!
* Fixed tapping on the header and avatar images on a user profile page.
* Fixed weird scrolling behaviours on the posting screen on iPads.
* Fixed some caching issues that would very occasionally cause mysterious issues with the timelines.
* Fixed some colour issues with the Obsidian theme.
* Fixed some dark mode UI issues on iOS 12 and elsewhere.
* Disabled some of the more complicated effects on older devices to prevent crashing.
* Fixed some rare crashes.
@tootapp hello, due to lack of time I couldn't report the bug (?) on Github.
In short: on iPad a circle for DM is always visible on screen and tapping it opens a DM popup which cannot be closed unless you force close the app from app switcher.
@tootapp I certainly can, but unfortunately not right now.
I see this "bug" on iPad Pro 10.5" (2017) and iPadOS 13.5
@tootapp I'm sure I had problems with it, but I'll double check with the latest update. And since you're unaware of this, might be not a serious bug, if it's even a bug.
@tootapp Thank you! You app makes Mastodon a pleasure to use on the iPhone. I wish there was something like this for macOS, I keep picking up the phone because nothing comes close to the experience you've made available. Thank you!
@maique I’ve been meaning to use Catalyst to make a Mac version, but last time I tried it was too buggy. Hopefully it we’ll have improved enough soon!
@tootapp @maique +1 on the Catalyst version whenever you get around to it or it’s feasible. This is hands-down the best Mastodon app and a pleasure to use. BTW, do you already have support for “markers” in the API on your to-do list? Timeline position syncing is great (Tweetbot has it). Thanks again for a wonderful app.
@tootapp 😎 eagerly awaiting the new version in the German App Store, which still shows 1.12 as up to date
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!