Toot! v1.13 is now out!
The main new feature in this release is a new screen for direct messages (finally!), and an (optional) floating bubble system for direct messages. Also a bunch of smaller tweaks and bug fixes.
This took ages to finish because I got stuck rewriting parts of the app I wasn’t quite happy with, to support the current and future features. I hope I didn’t introduce too many new bugs in the process, but keep an eye out and let me know if anything is behaving oddly!
(Also took ages because I got sidetracked into working on https://waha06x36.itch.io/soratobu-ol, check that out too!)
Actual change list:
* Added a direct message view.
* Added optional floating bubbles for direct messages.
* Small visual fixes for direct messages in dark mode.
* The currently selected account and tab are now saved when the app restarts.
* Slightly better support for displaying toots in right-to-left languages such as Arabic, Hebrew and Farsi.
* Fixed some rare bugs related to deleted toots.
* Fixed the hashtag completion.
* Fixed the character counter which was sometimes off by one for each link.
* Fixed some transition animations.
* Made browsing through images slightly more responsive.
Toot! v1.13.1 is now also out!
This is a bugfix release for the previous version. It fixes some newly introduced bugs and some older ones. Nothing else new and exciting, though!
* Fixed tapping on the header and avatar images on a user profile page.
* Fixed weird scrolling behaviours on the posting screen on iPads.
* Fixed some caching issues that would very occasionally cause mysterious issues with the timelines.
* Fixed some colour issues with the Obsidian theme.
* Fixed some dark mode UI issues on iOS 12 and elsewhere.
* Disabled some of the more complicated effects on older devices to prevent crashing.
* Fixed some rare crashes.
@tootapp Thanks for fixing the hashtag issue!
@tootapp hello, due to lack of time I couldn't report the bug (?) on Github.
In short: on iPad a circle for DM is always visible on screen and tapping it opens a DM popup which cannot be closed unless you force close the app from app switcher.
@groosha Can you get some screenshots or recording? What iOS version?
@tootapp I certainly can, but unfortunately not right now.
I see this "bug" on iPad Pro 10.5" (2017) and iPadOS 13.5
@groosha I can't seem to reproduce this. For me, the message popup closes just fine?
@tootapp I'm sure I had problems with it, but I'll double check with the latest update. And since you're unaware of this, might be not a serious bug, if it's even a bug.
@tootapp Love your work as always!
@tootapp there is a bug that prevents the IOS scroll bar to not come up, to help me scroll up and down timelines faster. It's not showing up at all.
@tootapp I think fixes around dark mode are pretty exciting!
@tootapp Thank you! You app makes Mastodon a pleasure to use on the iPhone. I wish there was something like this for macOS, I keep picking up the phone because nothing comes close to the experience you've made available. Thank you!
@maique I’ve been meaning to use Catalyst to make a Mac version, but last time I tried it was too buggy. Hopefully it we’ll have improved enough soon!
@tootapp No rush, I'm happy with picking the phone up for this.
@tootapp @maique +1 on the Catalyst version whenever you get around to it or it’s feasible. This is hands-down the best Mastodon app and a pleasure to use. BTW, do you already have support for “markers” in the API on your to-do list? Timeline position syncing is great (Tweetbot has it). Thanks again for a wonderful app.
@tootapp 😎 eagerly awaiting the new version in the German App Store, which still shows 1.12 as up to date
@lastfuture Yeah, always takes a little while to get everywhere.
@tootapp Thank you 🙏🏼🌼
@tootapp the direct message view is excellent. Thanks a lot for the update
@tootapp Thanks for continuing to work this. Such a great app.
@tootapp The best app for Mastodon
@tootapp Thanks for making this great!
@tootapp This update is great 👍🏼 Thanks.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!