Toot! v1.13 is now out!
The main new feature in this release is a new screen for direct messages (finally!), and an (optional) floating bubble system for direct messages. Also a bunch of smaller tweaks and bug fixes.
This took ages to finish because I got stuck rewriting parts of the app I wasn’t quite happy with, to support the current and future features. I hope I didn’t introduce too many new bugs in the process, but keep an eye out and let me know if anything is behaving oddly!
(Also took ages because I got sidetracked into working on https://waha06x36.itch.io/soratobu-ol, check that out too!)
Actual change list:
* Added a direct message view.
* Added optional floating bubbles for direct messages.
* Small visual fixes for direct messages in dark mode.
* The currently selected account and tab are now saved when the app restarts.
* Slightly better support for displaying toots in right-to-left languages such as Arabic, Hebrew and Farsi.
Toot! v1.13.1 is now also out!
This is a bugfix release for the previous version. It fixes some newly introduced bugs and some older ones. Nothing else new and exciting, though!
* Fixed tapping on the header and avatar images on a user profile page.
* Fixed weird scrolling behaviours on the posting screen on iPads.
* Fixed some caching issues that would very occasionally cause mysterious issues with the timelines.
* Fixed some colour issues with the Obsidian theme.
* Fixed some dark mode UI issues on iOS 12 and elsewhere.
* Disabled some of the more complicated effects on older devices to prevent crashing.
* Fixed some rare crashes.
@tootapp hello, due to lack of time I couldn't report the bug (?) on Github.
In short: on iPad a circle for DM is always visible on screen and tapping it opens a DM popup which cannot be closed unless you force close the app from app switcher.
@groosha Can you get some screenshots or recording? What iOS version?
@tootapp I certainly can, but unfortunately not right now.
I see this "bug" on iPad Pro 10.5" (2017) and iPadOS 13.5
@groosha I can't seem to reproduce this. For me, the message popup closes just fine?
@tootapp I'm sure I had problems with it, but I'll double check with the latest update. And since you're unaware of this, might be not a serious bug, if it's even a bug.
@tootapp Love your work as always!
@tootapp there is a bug that prevents the IOS scroll bar to not come up, to help me scroll up and down timelines faster. It's not showing up at all.
@tootapp I think fixes around dark mode are pretty exciting!
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!