@trwnh A few thoughts here, on this whole thread:
1. .onion addresses are DNS without the DNS part, and it's one way to get away from the DNS issue in the short term.
2. DIDs are another way to consider identity online.
3. Removing HTTP would be doable but HTTP isn't so terrible either.
4. I've been thinking about DHTs in relation to DataShards. Happy to chat about it.
1. not so sure that works? it requires being on tor, right? so it wouldn't work over clearnet
3. i dont think http is bad either, but its reliance on authority/hostname presents issues as above
i'm really interested in how to resolve a urn / how urn namespaces are assigned, mostly... how might a global urn system work?
@emacsen just spitballing here. my chain of thought was kinda like this:
- ugh, "id" being https kinda sucks
- but it needs to be resolvable
- how do you map names and locations together
- actually wait maybe you could just resolve names directly somehow?
not sure there's a concrete goal here except to allow for referring to things without knowing their location
@emacsen I mean how to do so as an ActivityPub extension or similar, over clearnet.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!