Step 1: I’m an idiot
Step 2: I’m a wizard
Step 3: no I was right the first time
great article about academic writing: https://www.chronicle.com/article/10-Tips-on-How-to-Write-Less/124268
Test toot please ignore
Don't make your open source project easier to use for non-contributing users. Make it easier to contribute to it instead. That's much better for your project in the long run. Empower your users.
Don't provide automated installers, instead make it easy to install by hand. Don't include magical automatic features, instead make it transparent and easy to understand.
You ever think about how weird and good it is that there are no serious contenders to standard music notation?
Like, you don't even need to specify which one you use
If you ask, "Do you read music?" everyone knows what notation you're being asked about
Is your child practicing questionable machine learning? Know the signs—
lol: let's overfit lots
tbh: totally bogus hypothesis
btw: bias the weights
omg: 'obtain' more gpus
smh: singularity might happen
rofl: reference only friends & labmates
brb: beat ridiculous baseline
lmao: let mturkers answer obv
smdh: sorry my data's hardcoded
@turbodragon Use cases like this are one of the big reasons why there should be client-side rendering of quoted posts. The current system of using a link to the post usually opens the post as just some normal link that you can't interact with without extra effort.
RT @firstname.lastname@example.org: How to collect gender on web forms:
◦ Do you really need to be collecting data about gender?
◦ You probably don't really need to collect gender data.
◦ No really, the odds are very slim you'll be able to act in any reasonable way upon your gender data.
◦ <input type="text">
We need to figure out (or someone needs to introduce me to..) a good alternative to Facebook Events ASAP.
I briefly reactivated my FB account (because reasons) and stumbled across a public lecture about Thomas Sankara, and an event put on by the Chilean embassy about Project Cybersyn. And it's an absolute crime that Facebook is the only way to discover these.
hey universe not showing me the consequences of my actions until after it's too late to make corrections is really bad UX please fix
To fight Centralization:
- Own your data.
- Archive your data online and off.
- Use decentralized services like Mastodon and Matrix and whatever whenever possible.
- publish to places that aren't facebook or medium (and if you must, only use central services for syndication.)
To fight user hostility:
- Use ad blockers and privacy badger
- If you can get away with it, use no-script or similar when possible.
- Stop using, or reduce your use of, platforms that profit from treating you poorly.
every time I write "import time" in python it makes me feel like a real powerful wizard
Sometimes I want to just expand all of the CW folds in a thread.
what if FAQs actually contained frequently asked questions instead of perceived questions?
What is the best RSS reader? Preferably free (haha) and able to set up boards/categories for different things (news, music, tech etc) Should I go back to Feedly?