Is your child practicing questionable machine learning? Know the signs—
lol: let's overfit lots
tbh: totally bogus hypothesis
btw: bias the weights
omg: 'obtain' more gpus
smh: singularity might happen
rofl: reference only friends & labmates
brb: beat ridiculous baseline
lmao: let mturkers answer obv
smdh: sorry my data's hardcoded
@turbodragon Use cases like this are one of the big reasons why there should be client-side rendering of quoted posts. The current system of using a link to the post usually opens the post as just some normal link that you can't interact with without extra effort.
We need to figure out (or someone needs to introduce me to..) a good alternative to Facebook Events ASAP.
I briefly reactivated my FB account (because reasons) and stumbled across a public lecture about Thomas Sankara, and an event put on by the Chilean embassy about Project Cybersyn. And it's an absolute crime that Facebook is the only way to discover these.
To fight Centralization:
- Own your data.
- Archive your data online and off.
- Use decentralized services like Mastodon and Matrix and whatever whenever possible.
- publish to places that aren't facebook or medium (and if you must, only use central services for syndication.)
To fight user hostility:
- Use ad blockers and privacy badger
- If you can get away with it, use no-script or similar when possible.
- Stop using, or reduce your use of, platforms that profit from treating you poorly.
@alyx favourite reply I've heard to this is with straight men.
> "Dude is a gender neutral term"
Would you say you fuck dudes?
And for some reason they object.
capitalism, emulators Show more
companies are stealing and selling *explicitly licensed as non-commercial* open-source emulator code, obviously against the will of the authors (copyright owners of the software), sometimes spitting in their faces and mocking them for being so foolish as to contribute to the commons and have their wishes respected.