Well, based on my preliminary research, to mirror the FMA we need:
1. An estimation of the size of the FMA (number of tracks, and total size of files)
2. A funkwhale instance were we can import the music
3. A script to crawl/download the whole archive
4. Permission from the FMA to run the script (since it may increase their bandwidth cost)
5. Funding to cover the hosting costs, if relevant
Just to let you know, following our discussion from last week, I'v started writing a small utility to grab the FMA content from archive.org.
I plan to mirror at least a part of the FMA on open.audio using this :)
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!