Some random New Year thoughts... not quite resolutions, but advice to myself...
1. Spend a little money to buy the right tools for the job. Seemingly tiny things like getting a surge protector with USB jacks might eliminate a hundred moments of distraction over the course of the year. Totally worth it.
2. Create a separate email address for email newsletters that you actually want to read. That way all that good stuff is in one place in your email program and you're more likely to actually read it.
3. Make more soup. Soup is good.
4. Less social media, more reading comics and books and watching movies. In other words, stop using social media as a time kill or entertainment.
5. Absolutely use social media for actual communication, to shamelessly plug work, and to support people/orgs/causes that matter.
Follow friends and discover new ones. Publish anything you want: links, pictures, text, video. This server is run by the main developers of the Mastodon project. Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!