Our project has many contributors, and we'd like to take a moment to recognize a few!
- @brainblasted wrote our readme
- @hellcp joined our team and created Fred, our red panda mascot and contributed UI/UX improvements
- @trwnh joined our team and has made many contributions like refactoring the docs, triaging issues/pull requests and contributed UI/UX improvements
- @oct2pus helped us move from an MIT to AGPL license
- @kaiyou added docker support
Thank you to all contributors! #pixelfed
@oct2pus thanks for the reference.. I'm very interested indeed, I'm looking forward :)
@oct2pus good read.. thanks for sharing :)
@21stio because permissive licenses are garbage
(In general, I can see some legitimate use cases for them, but they're rare)
@romariorios thanks for your reply, it would have been nice if you would have provided some examples to illustrate your reasoning tho :P
@21stio by allowing incorporation in proprietary programs, permissive licenses enable the creation of proprietary software, which ends up hurting the user. Just imagine a proprietary Pixelfed taking over the network.
Permissive licenses do not *enforce* freedom in any way, which is precisely what makes them less free than copyleft licenses.
@romariorios I understand, thanks for the explanation :)
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!