Delete Chrome. Now.
Google is using its exceptionally powerful position to make *the browser itself* analyze your browsing behavior and serve that on a plate in the form of "cohorts" to anyone interested.
They are transforming Chrome into a "browsing-history-passport" - right now.
If you care about your intellectual freedom even a little bit, you must put Chrome out of your life as soon as possible. Support others doing the same.
My department (Glasgow Computing Science) is hiring a lot of new people at lecture/senior lecturer/reader level (associate prof) and also one full pro:
- Responsible AI (x4)
- Socially Intelligent Technologies
- Machine Learning
- Healthcare Technologies (x3)
- Low Carbon Computing (x3)
- Software Engineering
- Cyber Security (x1 Prof.)
I am leading the Low Carbon and Sustainable Computing theme.
📅 Deadline 26 April.
Things autism research could be about:
- How does autism radar work?
- Do we have an easier time communucating with other autistics because our ways of communication are similar, or because we've all had to learn to accomodate the people we're talking to?
- What can be done to prevent and treat autistic burnout?
- What even *is* autistic burnout exactly?
- What effects does masking have on your mental health?
- What autistic traits are actually traits of autism, and which ones are trauma responses?
- How is a non-traumatized autistic brain work?
- How can we better accomodate autistic people?
What autism research is about:
- How do we make the autistic people stop existing?
for the amounts of money people are dropping on digital pieces just so they can wave around some e-certificate saying they have the "original", they could literally just keep several artists on full-time pay and get original pieces done for them whenever they want, and not do nearly as much damage to the environment in the process
If I could lobotomise one part of me it would be nostalgia. Nostalgia is the gateway to regret.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!