New #introduction for October 2018
- In northern California, have lived in CA most of my life
- Turned 40 this year
- 2 divorces, but I'm now in a wonderful relationship
- Have 4 cats (and trying to steal my partner's dog)
- Work full time as a lead for a technical writing team
- No longer in school, but might return to finish some web development certificates
- Enjoy reading fantasy/sci fi
- Trying to get back into archery
- I go by Rin
- I post in spurts, mostly I lurk
- I like crafting (mostly counted cross stitch, but I dabble in a lot of things)
- I'm a very picky eater.
- I think flamingos are pretty rad.
- I say things like "pretty rad."
- I check the female box on forms, but it doesn't really matter to me
- Sexuality is yes (self-identify as bi back from the days before pan was a thing)
- I have some mental health issues that I talk about occasionally, but I use CW as often as I can. (Depression and anxiety mostly.)
Ugh, this week has not been a good week for the brain squirrels and today was especially bad. But meditation got done! Today was about finding the "flow" but I don't think I did.
Today's quote really hit home. My partner commented that I've been all over the place and not focusing lately.
Today is the first day back to work after a week off. I managed to sneak in some meditation before my meetings started. Today was about finding the spot between too much focus in meditation and too little.
I think I was able to get my meditation today done around 1:00. I'm in the beginning (day 6) of a 30-day program about learning to meditate. Today was about finding a "home base" or something to focus on.
The 10-minute session was immediately followed by a nap because I am dog sitting an ancient dog with special needs and I haven't slept in a week.
For you Hamilton folks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNEdEDbhTQw&feature=youtu.be&
Ravelry meta, ableism, knitting / crochet community, link to twitter
A very good Twitter thread about how Ravelry is still a fucking accessibility nightmare... but now they're patting themselves on the back because they've changed very, very minute things. Their redesign is literally causing seizures and migraines, to be perfectly clear about the problems. https://twitter.com/Velociraptoria_/status/1276802409184952320
Hey friends! I'd like to spotlight one of my favorite fedi artists, @scoots ! They're unemployed right now, because of COVID-19, so they could use your help. (Art hidden for eye contact!)
Hey, friends! If you would like to support me personally and Elekk in general, here are some ways to do it:
Thank you for all your help - I genuinely appreciate it. 💜 💜 💜
Cleared out almost all my small commissions, if anyone is interested. https://trello.com/b/Otq2TShJ/commission-prices
Coworker: *completes work but leaves tickets open for days*
Me: You need to close your tickets as soon as you have all the work done. If you don't, it counts all that extra time against you (and the team) and screws up the reporting.
Coworker: Got it.
Coworker: *closes ticket before completing all the work*
Me: You have to complete all the work before closing the ticket.
Coworker: You told me to close tickets as soon as possible.
@noelle I saw this yesterday and thought of you!
A bundle of premium fonts for $10, proceeds go to The Bail Project https://gumroad.com/l/nenoy
If you'd like to donate to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund, AND ALSO get like 700+ games, click here.
Just looking to carve out a little space to call my own and get my shit together. I like cats and video games and books and crafts. In my 40s. She/her if it matters.
Server run by the main developers of the project It is not focused on any particular niche interest - everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct!