.. i have been planning to rewire some social media to use bookmarking services soon as well so i will build a better structure outside of these machines
Some #FediTips for new users (and those of you returning to moribund accounts):
#Hashtags are important here. Searching is difficult without them.
You can view toots by Home (accounts you follow), Local (accounts in your instance) or Federated (the whole #Fediverse, except what you or your admin have blocked).
"Birdsite" is a euphamism for "Twitter."
#Caturday is seven days a week on Mastodon, but we like other animals, too.
Righto, here’s my fedi-tips:
- it’s slower here, less addictive than corp social media. This is a good thing, try and enjoy it.
- you see what you follow. No ads, no obscure reshuffling, no manipulating your emotions. Enjoy that too.
- please consider using CWs. Could it hurt, shock, upset, harm?
- please describe your pictures if you can
- give benefit of the doubt: text easily misleads
- shared something negative? Maybe follow with positive action.
- fash, queerphobes, bigots: fuck off 💚
My latest article:
Russia is Losing a War Against Hackers Stealing Huge Amounts of Data
Dozens of Russian companies and government agencies have been hacked in apparent retribution for the invasion of Ukraine.
In the before times, we were able to get some donations to support our project (sending rad lit to prisoners), by tabling shows and events around milwaukee, but now we’re unable to table...
So we’ve created a podcast discussing zines from our catalog! check it out and consider supporting us on patreon—feedback welcome!
Our first episode is a discussion of Sean Swain’s ‘The Colonizer’s Corpse: A Liberatory Approach To Maintaining Mental Health While Subject To Isolation In Prison,’ this episode includes and discussion with Sean about this zine as well as an update on Sean’s situation from his partner Lauren.
The original server operated by the Mastodon gGmbH non-profit