Reminder that if you want a free, decentralized internet, and don't have any desire to get rid of capitalism, you've already lost.
@alxcndr Nobody, but I'm trying to think of a purely non-capitalist society that isn't authoritarian and coming up empty. Most of the liberal democracies that lean socialist have mixed economies/are hybrid systems. So I don't think it's capitalism itself that endangers a free and open Internet.
@rockthrower it's nice, you would be in feudalism times and you would still say something like « I really don't see how giving power to the mass can work, I don't see any example of that so far. So that must be it, there are only divine rulers who make it work. »
You basically fail to see that everything is in movement. Absence of proof does not make a proof of absence...
@rockthrower But anyway, let's list a few things that endanger free and open Internet:
- Big corporation being de-facto monopolies.
- DRM (soon in our browsers)
- Facebook being able to censorship museum art (because nipples are bad, m'kay?)
- Queer content being de-monitized on Youtube because advertisers said so
- Mass surveillance via ads and cooperation between fascist state structures and big companies
- ACTA, CETA
If you don't see how capitalism plays a part in that, I can't help you